On Nov 21, 2009, at 1:25 AM, b_s-wilk wrote:
It makes sense to use redundant remote storage for business. It's overkill for an individual to store all personal files remotely. It's also stupid. Why? The Internet isn't everywhere, so your files are locked away in the "cloud" until you can get them.

Letting the perfect become the enemy of the good.

It does not matter to me one whit that I can't get the cloud in the middle of the Kalahari, but as I travel to home and office and around town it would be a great convenience. Today I still use my PDA to carry all that with me. Soon it will be in the cloud and I'll be on cloud 9.