Fred that can be turned off and I do. (turn it off)

Stewart

At 10:34 PM 11/21/2009, you wrote:
I'm ridiculously annoyed by WinXP. Among many annoyances is it's propensity to index everything. I think having everything indexed is a security vulnerability. If a 'bot is searching for something, all it has to do is search the index, which is not only quicker, it also is a lot less intrusive and therefore less likely to be noticed. But I haven't found any way to turn WinXP indexing off and keep it off. Especially the indexing it does of removable media.

There isn't really anything I want to do with my computer that Win2K won't do, except for occassional things such as this inability to connect directly with new digital cameras. And that's a feature, I think, of the new cameras, not a bug.

Fred Holmes