On Dec 7, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Ranbo wrote:
My question is - I don't even know where to start to figure out what's wrong
or how to fix it.  Are there simple steps I should take to see if the
problem(s) get better?

1) Start up in Safe Mode (with networking) and see if the problem goes away.

2) Bookmark a site and see if that performs differently than typing its URL.

3) Access a site that is giving you problems using its IP address instead of its URL.

3) Ping some websites to see if the round trip time makes sense. Does URL vs IP address act differently?