How can FireWire be superior to eSata?
I thought eSata made your external essentially
the same as one installed inside the case.

----- Original Message ----
From: Reid Katan <ka...@his.com>
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Sent: Wed, December 2, 2009 1:12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] [portable] ntebook hard drives

Quoting b_s-wilk <b1sun...@yahoo.es>:

> FireWire is far superior to USB and eSATA, but if you don't know about
> it or don't have FW peripherals or video cameras, you won't demand the
> best and will be stuck with the usual L.C.D. if Apple decides to
> discontinue FW in the future.

The one advantage I've noticed for FireWire is that, on my iBook, it spun down
the drive after a certain time of inactivity. I never noticed that (with the
same drive) on my Windows machines with USB. I don't know if it's an OS or
FW/USB thing or what, but it sure would be nice to have them spin down if I'm
not using them for a while.