If the youngsters were hip to what tech works well, they'd not be buying
ipods for 'sound quality', ipods are not known for their fidelity.  They
look cool, they sync fairly easy...they play well enough.  I know what I'm
talking about...I've got six of them.  I got mine not for sound quality but
ease of use for what I use mine for.  My wife has a different mp3 player
because her needs were different.