On Jan 29, 2010, at 12:29 AM, b_s-wilk wrote:
Dock isn't portable. Needs to be plugged in. What if I want to use a flash drive or SD card? Sleek and stylish? Not with a dock and a bunch of cables.

Mine is a skinny little cable about 2 feet long. How is that not portable? And if both the computer and iPad has bluetooth do I really want a cable?

Maybe SD is a thing of the past. New cameras are starting to incorporate bluetooth for data transfer.

This is similar to the hyperventilating I saw when Apple switched from 5-1/4 to 3-1/2 inch disk drives or when they dropped floppy disks entirely.