Andreas Schulz wrote:
> On Sunday 29 June 2008, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>> Did you see my comments/suggestions on the output for IR learning? This
>> code doesn't seem to follow that...
>
> The only comment I found was:

You missed this email in response to your sample output

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 11:49:12 +0200

From: Phil Dibowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: concordance-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Subject: Re: [concordance-devel] Another sample session of latest

        concordance (was:Re: libconcord Learn IR Updates)

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 09:10:20AM +0200, Andreas Schulz wrote:

> Just to support the significance of the IR signal plot-

> all signals are from the same original remote key:

> - 1st : way too far away from the Harmony, nothing received at all

> - 2nd : just a little bit too far away from the Harmony, almost right

> - 3rd/4th : perfect

> - 5th : between 1st and 2nd, receiving something that's complete
rubbish

This output is very much not going to get merged as default. This is all

verbose output. The output per-key should look like the existing output
(a
percent done type thing).

I see something more like this.

Requesting Identity: 100%                 done

Learning new keys:

  Key name: <0>

         [L]earn, Enter Pronto [H]ex code, [N]ext, [P]revious, [Q]uit
(L)?
  Press corresponding key on original remote within 4 sec.

  Learning:          100%                 done

         [U]pload new code, [R]etry same key, [N]ext key, [Q]uit (U)?

  Uploading:         100%                 done

  Key name: <1>

         [L]earn, Enter Pronto [H]ex code, [N]ext, [P]revious, [Q]uit
(L)?
  Press corresponding key on original remote within 4 sec.

  Learning:          100%                 done

         [U]pload new code, [R]etry same key, [N]ext key, [Q]uit (U)?

  Uploading:         100%                 done

Success!

Note that after all keys have been uploaded, it exits for you.

Optimally, I'd like the "Press corresponding key..." line to be REPLACED
by
the "Learning..." line once the key press is detected.

I *think* I'd like the same thing to happen with the prompt lines as
well, but
I'd have to actually try the interface tha tway to make sure its
actually
still intuitive.

Phil Dibowitz                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming