Douglas E. Warner wrote:
>> Sorry this is taking me so long to get worked out; it looks like the
>> PolicyKit
>>  rules I previously wrote don't work anymore (at least on my box).  The udev
>> rules are working fine, but I just can't get access to the device from a
>> regular user.  I'll try to figure out what's going on today.
>>

> Okay, I think I have an updated gen_udev_support script that generates:
> * udev rules (alias /dev/harmony* to the correct usb device)
> * ConsoleKit perms (pre-PolicyKit that used pam_console to grant access to
> devices)
> * PolicyKit perms (includes a hal script to assign the correct keys to the hal
> device as well as the PolicyKit policy)
>
> Fedora only currently supports PolicyKit (ConsoleKit was dropped in F9) but
> since we had the rules I kept them in the script but just cleaned up the names
> of variables.
>
> I'm packaging up things now to test and will post the updated script once I
> know that's good.
>
> -Doug

If you need an example of where these files go, see [1].

99-libconcord.rules -> /etc/udev/rules.d/
99-libconcord.fdi -> /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/
org.freedesktop.hal.device-access.libconcord.policy ->
  /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/

-Doug

[1] https://rpm.silfreed.net:8002/file/c40b8b21e228/libconcord/libconcord.spec