On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

>> True, I suppose.  They may scratch their head for a minute (why can't
>> concordance see my remote?!?) but shortly, things should start working.
>
> Sure, but you seem to be implying this problem came or got worse when you
> dropped from 2 to 1, which shouldn't be the case.

True, reducing the timeout from 2 to 1 made no change in this situation.

> And further, you up'd the retries to 10, so users shouldn't be wondering why
> concordance can't see the remote, it'll just take 5 seconds before concordance
> starts doing work.
>
> Unless I'm missing something?

Well, the only case I'm thinking of is:
a) insert remote
b) run "concordance -i" to check if remote is seen by concordance
c) in this case, concordance doesn't retry several times, it just fails
(if within the ~5 second window)

The retry count only applies to resets, so if a remote is reset,
concordance will keep trying to connect to it.