On Sun, 21 Oct 2012, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

>>> Here is an updated Harmony 300 patch (updated so it will apply cleanly since
>>> you applied my other patch to operationfile.cpp, which this patch had also
>>> previously included).
>>
>> I sent this to the list but the attachment was too big and the filter ate
>> it.  I attached the updated patch to the bug report on sourceforge as
>> well.
>
> + const uint8_t msg_three[MH_MAX_PACKET_SIZE] =
> +   { 0xFF, 0x01, 0x01, 0x03, 0x80, '/', 'c', 'f', 'g', '/',
> +     'u', 's', 'e', 'r', 'c', 'f', 'g', 0x00, 0x80, 'W', 0x00,
> +     0x04, (len & 0xFF000000) >> 24, (len & 0x00FF0000) >> 16,
>

> heh.
>
> OK, I took a more careful read through the code, and this looks pretty sane.
> The protocol is a but unfortunate, but such is life.
>
> What's the operational status?

The identity check works and config updates work.  Another user recently
confirmed that it works for him as well.  The tricky part is that you need
my wonky Python script to get the web service to give you a config.  I'm
working on making that better, still.

Someone recently submitted some logs from a Harmony 200 as well and it
looks like it uses the same protocol - so it may support the Harmony 200
as well.

Scott