On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Bart Cerneels wrote:

> Did a quick hack to test, certainly not as easy as it sounds. Is the
> 300's config max 1KiB? USB HID response package is 64 bytes right?
> But it's actually the internal API that is the trickiest bit,
> certainly without the documentation.
> In CRemoteMH::ReadFlash(uint32_t addr, const uint32_t len, uint8_t *rd,
>       unsigned int protocol, bool verify, lc_callback cb,
>       void *cb_arg, uint32_t cb_stage)

No, the 300's config has to be larger than 1KiB.  I'm not sure what it is,
though.  Yes, the response packets from the remote are generally 64 bytes.
Yes, unfortunately, the internal APIs are designed for the original HID
remotes, so the calls don't always match up exactly to the newer remotes
very well.

> *rd is the out argument for the binary config and looks like len is
> the result from the previous GetIndentity() call (that is where I got
> the 1KiB from). For now I've got a glibc malloc error (not segfault)
> in binaryoutfile::open.

Yeah, on the original HID remotes, there is a message where you can get
the length of the config.  That's where that 'len' is coming from.
Unfortunately, we're going to have to figure out where to get that from in
this case.

> What incantation turns on the debug_print_packet statements?

You need to have "DEBUG" defined (e.g. -DDEBUG in CPPFLAGS).

> Nothing should stop you from uploading your local repo to some public
> hosting. I recommend github: it's just as propietary as sourceforge,
> but at least it has some momentum and a working business method behind
> it. It's very easy to clone and do pull requests there.

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking about doing - github.  The CVS to
git conversion will be a bit of a pain though.