On Mon, 29 Jul 2013, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

>> as well as account configuration (email, etc).  The Link does not receive
>> its configuration via USB like other remotes - it receives it via WiFi.
>
> So, we don't send it a configuration at all, we just tell it how to get on the
> network and how to log into the harmony website so it can get it's own config?

Correct.

>> +    if (err = ((CRemoteMH*)rmt)->ReadFile("/sys/wifi/connect",
>> (uint8_t*)buffer,
>> +                                          buflen, &data_read))
>
> My polymorphism in C++ is now very rusty... but I don't think you need
> to cast that if you make it a proper virtual function at the CRemote
> level with a full definition at CRemoteMH, right? That's how most of our
> stuff works, no?

Yes, but I think if I added a virtual function at the CRemote level, I
would have to add a non-virtual function in all of the CRemote
subclasses, not just CRemoteMH.  We could do that, but we would just have
useless empty implementations in each of the subclasses, so I'm not sure
if that's better.

>> +    int err;
>> +    std::string str_buffer;
>> +    str_buffer += "ssid,";
>> +    str_buffer += config->ssid;
>> +    str_buffer += "\n";
>> +    str_buffer += "encryption,";
>> +    str_buffer += config->encryption;
>> +    str_buffer += "\n";
>> +    str_buffer += "user,\n"; /* not sure what this is - appears unused */
>
> Doesn't WPA2-enterprise support username/pass so you can auth to PAP or
> Radius, etc?

It does, but the Link doesn't appear to support WPA Enterprise modes, only
PSK.  So maybe they started to implement Enterprise, added the 'user' and
then said, "eh, home users aren't going to use Enterprise, let's scrap
it."  Who knows.

>> +    /* wait for remote to send us a response */
>> +    if ((err = HID_ReadReport(rsp, LINK_TIMEOUT))) {
>> +        debug("Failed to read from remote");
>> +        return LC_ERROR_READ;
>> +    }
>
> So the message when you define LINK_TIMEOUT is a bit misleading. It implies
> it's the timeout you use whenever you talk to the LINK, but it's just when you
> wait for the final ACK after a full file write, right? We should make this
> clear somewhere.

Well, when I added the #define for LINK_TIMEOUT, I was going to use
LINK_TIMEOUT in all of the places where I needed to extend the timeout to
wait for the Link.  Well, it turns out that it was only needed in that one
place.