On Wed, 16 Jul 2014, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Hey, folks. So the buttons on my various 880 handsets are all dying, the
> charging terminals wearing away...with a heavy heart I decided it was
> time to (finger quotes) "upgrade" (end finger quotes). I've just picked
> up the Smart Control. Plugging the hub device into my desktop and
> running concordance (1.1) -iv gives:
>
> Concordance 1.1
> Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
> This software is distributed under the GPLv3.
>
> ERROR: failed to requesting identity
> Failed with error 1
>
> well...there's lots of room for improvement ;) Where do we go from
> there?

Okay, so after reading about this device, it sounds like it is similar to
the Link, which we support.  But after reading the manual, I'm not sure
the USB port is even used for anything?  It looks like everything is done
via WiFi (and I'm assuming also Bluetooth because otherwise I'm not sure
how it tells the Hub what your WiFi settings are).

What does lsusb show for the VID/PID?  If it does speak USB at all, it
probably talks the MH protocol.

In any event, you should be able to use MHGUI for configuration (instead
of the Silverlight app or the new desktop application).  There might be
additional settings that I may have to add, but I would think the basic
stuff should work.