Hi Dominique,

At the moment, in order to enforce the LCF security model within Lucene/Solr,
you will need to build this functionality into whatever client you are using to
display the Lucene search results.  Specifically, you would need to take the
following steps:

(1) Have your users access your search client through Apache.
(2) Use the Apache module mod_auth_kerb, combined with LCF's
mod_authz_annotate, to cause authorization HTTP headers to be transmitted to
the client webapp.
(3) Have your client webapp alter whatever queries it is doing, to add an
appropriate query clause for each of the access tokens transmitted in the
headers.

(This is how it is done at MetaCarta.)

Alternatively, you may find a way to do this completely with a web application
under a Java app server such as Tomcat.  I have not yet done the research to
find out whether this is a feasible alternative.  Effectively, what you need
something like mod_auth_kerb to do is to authenticate your user against Active
Directory, or whomever the authenticator ought to be.  JAAS may be helpful here.

There are, of course, intentions to fill out the missing pieces more completely
and transparently via a Solr search plugin and/or filter.  What has been
lacking is time.  If you are in a position to do development in this area,
we're happy to have any assistance you might provide.

Thanks,
Karl