Hi Karl,

Thanks for the quick turnaround.
I'm in the middle of a product release for us, so I fear I won't be as quick
as you... :-)

I couldn't find a simple flow diagram or similar for LCF with regards
security (probably looking in the wrong place).
Perhaps you could help on these questions...?

In SOLR-1872, the allows and denies are stored (in acl.xml) as sub-queries,
which are then used as filter queries in a user's search.

Are the ACCESS_TOKEN and DENY_TOKEN values whatever have been stored for a
particular user in the underlying acl store (e.g. Active Directory)?
How does AD and/or LCF handle storing such data in its schema? (does AD
needs its schema extended?)
Presumably, any such AD fields would need to be queried for effective rights
in order to cater for group membership allows and denies.

I guess I'm just trying to understand the architectural
flow/storage/retrieval of data in the various parts of the system, but I
admit, I need to do more research on this.
After our product release, when I get a few more spare cycles, I can look at
it in more detail.

Many thanks!
Peter