Thanks, Jukka, I'd be honored to take on the role of VP in a
ManifoldCF top-level project.

Incorporating Jukka's invaluable advice, I've updated the proposed
resolution, and am opening a vote on it.  Please vote +1 if you agree
that this is the resolution that should be presented, in total,
including myself in the role of Vice President, or -1 if you see
changes you would like to make (or if you'd like to nominate someone
else and hold a formal vote on the VP role).

======
        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
        of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to
        establish a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and
        maintenance of open-source software for transferring content between
        repositories or search indexes, for distribution at no charge to the
public;

        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
        (PMC), to be known as the "Apache ManifoldCF Project", be and hereby is
        established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the Apache ManifoldCF Project be and hereby is
        responsible for the creation and maintenance of open-source software for
        transferring content between repositories or search indexes, for
distribution
        at no charge to the public.

        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, ManifoldCF" be and hereby
        is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction
        of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache ManifoldCF
        Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
        projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache ManifoldCF
        Project; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
        appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache ManifoldCF
        Project:

        * Shinichiro Abe     (shinich...@apache.org)
        * Erlend Garåsen    (rid...@apache.org)
        * Piergiorgio Lucidi  (piergior...@apache.org)
        * Hitoshi Ozawa      (hoz...@apache.org)
        * Tommaso Teofili   (tomm...@apache.org)
        * Simon Willnauer    (sim...@apache.org)
        * Karl Wright          (kwri...@apache.org)
        * Jukka Zitting       (ju...@apache.org)

        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Karl Wright be
        appointed to the office of Vice President, ManifoldCF, to serve in
        accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
        and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
        removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
        it further

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ManifoldCF Project be and hereby is
        tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
        development and increased participation in the ManifoldCF Project; and
        be it further

        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache ManifoldCF Project be and hereby is
        tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
        ManifoldCF podling; and be it further

        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache Incubator
        ManifoldCF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
        hereafter discharged.
======

+1 from me.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence!
Karl