Hi Marcel,

> I recently learned that connman supports hso devices. I got a Option
> iCON 451 usb modem here and I tried it to get it working with connman.
>

> The first problem is, that the kernel doesn't seem to recognize it
> correctly. After plugin in the device I see just the ozerocd cd rom
> drive.  I worked around that problem with ozerocdoff.
>

> To verify that all is right I setup a connection with NM. This worked
> out of the box.
>
> But connman doesn't reconizes this device. I have debugged a bit into this
> and I found out that it bails out here:
>
> static void add_net_device(struct udev_device *udev_device)
> {
>       struct udev_list_entry *entry;
>       struct connman_device *device;
>       enum connman_device_type devtype;
>       const char *value, *systype;
>       int index = -1;
>
>       DBG("");
>
>       systype = udev_device_get_sysattr_value(udev_device, "type");
>       if (systype == NULL || atoi(systype) != 1)
>          return;
>

> So the problem seems that there is matching ATTR type == 1 in sysfs for

I saw your patch "net: Add DEVTYPE support for Ethernet based
devices"[1] for the 2.6.32 linux kernel. Do I guess correctly you
submitted that one for getting connman ready to identify devices
right?  There is at least some code in udev.c which parses this
DEVTYPE attribute but the systype test is before the DEVTYPE test.

The hso.c driver sets the dev->type to APHRD_NONE (0xfffe) and not to
APHDR_ETHER as expected by add_net_device. I'm not where to fix this
problem. Should hso.c use APHRD_ETHER as connman expects this or
should add_net_device accept others types?

thanks,
daniel

[1]
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=384912ed194e43c03ad1cdaa09b0b1e488c34d46