Hi Daniel,

> > I recently learned that connman supports hso devices. I got a Option
> > iCON 451 usb modem here and I tried it to get it working with connman.
> >

> > The first problem is, that the kernel doesn't seem to recognize it
> > correctly. After plugin in the device I see just the ozerocd cd rom
> > drive.  I worked around that problem with ozerocdoff.
> >

> > To verify that all is right I setup a connection with NM. This worked
> > out of the box.
> >
> > But connman doesn't reconizes this device. I have debugged a bit into this
> > and I found out that it bails out here:
> >
> > static void add_net_device(struct udev_device *udev_device)
> > {
> >     struct udev_list_entry *entry;
> >     struct connman_device *device;
> >     enum connman_device_type devtype;
> >     const char *value, *systype;
> >     int index = -1;
> >
> >     DBG("");
> >
> >     systype = udev_device_get_sysattr_value(udev_device, "type");
> >     if (systype == NULL || atoi(systype) != 1)
> >        return;
> >

> > So the problem seems that there is matching ATTR type == 1 in sysfs for
>
> I saw your patch "net: Add DEVTYPE support for Ethernet based
> devices"[1] for the 2.6.32 linux kernel. Do I guess correctly you
> submitted that one for getting connman ready to identify devices
> right?  There is at least some code in udev.c which parses this
> DEVTYPE attribute but the systype test is before the DEVTYPE test.
>
> The hso.c driver sets the dev->type to APHRD_NONE (0xfffe) and not to
> APHDR_ETHER as expected by add_net_device. I'm not where to fix this
> problem. Should hso.c use APHRD_ETHER as connman expects this or
> should add_net_device accept others types?

so ConnMan is suppose to ignore all interfaces with DEVTYPE=wwan. These
will be picked up by oFono.

Just make sure oFono detects your HSO device. There is a udev rule
required to do so at the moment. And then ConnMan will see the HSO
device through oFono. I have tested it with an older iCON card.

The actual interface name is given via D-Bus to ConnMan. So it doesn't
really matter that ConnMan ignores ARPHRD_NONE.

Regards

Marcel