Good Morning Marcel,

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 04:48:00PM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > The hso.c driver sets the dev->type to APHRD_NONE (0xfffe) and not to
> > APHDR_ETHER as expected by add_net_device. I'm not where to fix this
> > problem. Should hso.c use APHRD_ETHER as connman expects this or
> > should add_net_device accept others types?
>
> so ConnMan is suppose to ignore all interfaces with DEVTYPE=wwan. These
> will be picked up by oFono.

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused how ofono and connman
interact. I though connman will detect a new device, identifies it and
when is recognized it as modem connman hands it over to ofono. Of
course, this is completely wrong. It exact the oposite. Well, at least
I could read some nice c code :)

> Just make sure oFono detects your HSO device. There is a udev rule
> required to do so at the moment. And then ConnMan will see the HSO
> device through oFono. I have tested it with an older iCON card.

Ah, that was the trick. After adding the udev rule ofono detects the
device.

> The actual interface name is given via D-Bus to ConnMan. So it doesn't
> really matter that ConnMan ignores ARPHRD_NONE.

I wondered how connman then knows about the hso ethernet
interface. Again I mixed up some concepts. While udev reports devices,
rntl reports the interfaces and that's how connman knows about
hso. The ones who can read have clearly an advantage...

cheers,
daniel