Hi,

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 18:21 -0400, Jerrill Johnson wrote:

ConnMan README says the following:

wpa_supplicant configuration
============================

In order to get wpa_supplicant and Connection Manager working properly
together you should edit wpa_supplicant .config file and set:

CONFIG_WPS=y
CONFIG_AP=y
CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE_DBUS_NEW=y

and, add:

CONFIG_BGSCAN_SIMPLE=y

This last option will enable the support of background scanning while
being connected, which is necessary when roaming on wifi.

It is recommended to use wpa_supplicant 0.8.x or 1.x or later.

> # Driver interface for Host AP driver
> CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP=y

CONFIG_AP=y, not the CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP above.

> I also had to disable the CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211 because it wouldn't compile
> with it set and I haven't found the right package containing the source
> files that setting requires. (Is this important if wext is there?)

Why doesn't it compile? wext is deprecated and should not be used
anymore.

>   -b = optional bridge interface name
>   -B = run daemon in the background
>   -c = Configuration file
>   -C = ctrl_interface parameter (only used if -c is not)
>   -i = interface name
>   -d = increase debugging verbosity (-dd even more)
>   -D = driver name (can be multiple drivers: nl80211,wext)
>   -e = entropy file
>   -g = global ctrl_interface
>   -K = include keys (passwords, etc.) in debug output
>   -s = log output to syslog instead of stdout
>   -t = include timestamp in debug messages
>   -h = show this help text
>   -L = show license (GPL and BSD)
>   -o = override driver parameter for new interfaces
>   -O = override ctrl_interface parameter for new interfaces
>   -p = driver parameters
>   -P = PID file
>   -q = decrease debugging verbosity (-qq even less)
>   -v = show version
>   -W = wait for a control interface monitor before starting
>   -N = start describing new interface

-u option is not showing up, enable CONFIG_CTRL_IFACE_DBUS_NEW=y as
explained in the README.

> AP mode support not included in the build

AP mode still not supported, set CONFIG_AP=y as explained in the README.

Cheers,

        Patrik