On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Patrik Flykt
<patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2012-12-21 at 10:08 +0100, Carsten Mattner wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Patrik Flykt
>> <patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Actually, reading the code suggests to me that autoconnect is enabled by
>> > default for ethernet, wifi and cellular services. In order to function,
>> > those services need to have their settings saved ("favorite" is set to
>> > true). Now, with a WiFi network being provisioned, the settings are
>> > known/saved, so the service should be autoconnected by ConnMan.
>>
>> Does that mean a .config file is used for provisioning and not used
>> after that?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Does connman use the .config file as a basis for creating
>> the /var/lib/connman/wifi_XXXX_YYYY_managed_psk directory
>> and the binary files within?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Can I change the .config file and
>> let connman refresh those generated files?
>
> Yes.

A simple file mtime check, right?

OK, so I did the following.

$ connmanctl enable wifi
$ connmanctl scan
$ connmanctl services
List of all services:
    (null)          { wifi_nnnnnnnn_hidden_managed_psk }
<a couple more wifi networks>
$ connmanctl connect wifi_nnnnnnnn_hidden_managed_psk
Connection failed; error: 'Not registered'

I don't know but I suspect I would have seen the (null)
network even without my /var/lib/connman/wifi_foo.config file.

How can I debug what's going on?