On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Patrik Flykt
<patrik.fl...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 14:28 +0100, Carsten Mattner wrote:
>> [service_foo]
>> Type = wifi
>> Hidden = true
>> AutoConnect = true
>> Name = <hidden_ssid>
>> Passphrase = <PSK>
>>
>> > Then connect to said wifi network with 'connmanctl connect
>> <wifi_XXXX>'.
>>
>> This won't work and fails with a missing file error when I
>> run 'connmanctl connect wifi_foo'.
>>
>> 'connmanctl services' lists the wifi scan results.
>
> True. The network created by section service_foo is identified as
> wifi_<macaddress>_<hidden_ssid_in_hex>_managed_psk. The section name is
> just a unique name for provisioning purposes.
>
> It has a '*' in the leftmost column in the connmanctl services list.

I will try again later but to be sure I didn't misunderstand you.
Are you saying the file /var/lib/connman/wifi_foo.config
should definitely show in 'services' as
wifi_<mac_of_ap>_<gibberish_to_a_human>_managed_psk?
If that's the name I always have to reference on each
'connmanctl connect' it sounds easier to use the
test script which allows you to connect with 'connect SSID PSK' :).
At least from a 'I need to type this in' perspective, but all
of that can be automated with a little scripting as long as
the strings returned by 'services' can be fed back to
'connect SERVICE'