Yes, you're right there was.  I have recently converted to Systemd.

As you're aware one can install four .service files with supplicant.
/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant.service has to be enabled if D-Bus interface
was built into wpa_supplicant, so that wpa_supplicant D-Bus interface can be
started at boot instead of being automatically activated by the D-Bus daemon
which doesn't work when using systemd.  I didn't know this.  I now have a fully
working Connman.

I must thank you for your patience and help and apologise for any time wasting.

regards

Cliff