Does upstream have any interest in providing D-Bus access to all
configured services, including those that have no network associated
with it? Before I start writing any code, I would like to know whether
it's going to be accepted upstream or will remain part of our fork.

Basically the idea is to add "available" (or whatever you want to call
it) service property which would be true if it's associated with the
network, or false otherwise. Which types of services would provide
access to all services and which only to those that are available, would
be configurable via the conf file. All D-Bus calls (except for "Connect"
obviously) would work for unavailable service just as they do for
available services.

The main use case is wifi. The user has to be able to see the list of
configured wifi networks, edit their properties, remove them etc. For
other types of services it probably doesn't make sense but who knows.

I found a relevant 3+ years old discussion in the archives with some
patches, the reaction back then wasn't a definite "no" and yet those
patches were never applied.

What's the current attitude towards that?

Regards,
-Slava