Hi,

On Mon, 2015-09-07 at 12:40 +0000, Sam Nazarko wrote:

> We do not need DNS on other interfaces when ConnMan is running on an
> nfsroot. We cannot tether as eth0 is ignored, so this is less of a
> concern for us.

If you use ConnMan with either patch of yours applied, using the DNS
servers for the primary nfsroot interface will always work properly,
even for any other Bluetooth or WiFi network, right? Or you use ConnMan
only for tethering Bluetooth and WiFi?

> For now, DNS is not handled by ConnMan properly so we get a
> blank /etc/resolv.conf with 'Generated by Connection Manager' which
> will overwrite our /etc/resolv.conf which was previously populated
> from procfs.

You are running connman with the --nodnsproxy option with no networks
connected when the resolv.conf file contains only the "# Generated by
Connection Manager" line. If you connect a network using ConnMan, it
will overwrite the nameserver information in /etc/resolv.conf with the
information obtained from DHCP for the newly connected network... This
without either of your patch applied, of course.

So your use of ConnMan is either or both:
- tethering of other interfaces
- connecting other interfaces but using the primary nfsroot interface
  nameservers

Is this what is happening?

> I have submitted an alternate patch which allows /etc/resolv.conf to
> be saved in another location

Yes, I saw them, thanks for both variants. After I have figured out what
OSMC is up to, there is perhaps an optimal way of making this work well
for both OSMC and the rest of the "road warrior" setups.

Cheers,

        Patrik