On 09/09/2015 03:43 PM, Patrik Flykt wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-09-09 at 15:22 +0200, Gianfranco Casanova wrote:
>> Which ROUTE is chosen by ConnMan for UID if:
>> 1.\ ETH OnLine WiFi Ready?
>> 2.\ WiFi OnLine ETH Ready?
>>
>> I’m expecting the Route marked as OnLine is all the time chosen, can
>> you confirm?
>
> IIRC the intention was to follow Online state and after that
> PreferredTechnologies also for Session routing, unless Daniel remembers
> differently. And the implementation may also have a bug or two. Or zero.

My memory is a bit blurry: there was a trade off between two autoconnect
strategy. We couldn't find a way to support both at the same time
because the contradict each other.

ConnMan's default autoconnect tries to stay online the whole time. That
was not I tried to get solved with Sessions. The Session API is acting
as per application notification API. Although it is possible to get the
behavior via session plugin:

- Only autoconnect if there is a session asking for connection
- refcounting, how many times Sessions asked for a connection.
  When no Session wants a connection anymore -> disconnect.