For a project notifier, I think we can keep what we have actually, but for a
group notifier, we can send a single mail by project group.
The mail can be sent after the build of the latest project of the group, I don't think it will be a problem to know if the project is the latest and we won't need to modify the db schema for this "new feature".

I'd like to keep the usage we have actually, so we can use a new parameter in
the continuum conf where admin will choose if mail are sent one by one or by
project group.

In 1.2, we'd can remove it and let users choose how they want to receive
notifications.

Emmanuel

Brett Porter a écrit :
Hi,

I would like to see us address the problems of mass-notification which tends to be a blight on Continuum when dealing with projects with lots of modules in 1.1. I think with this simple usability improvement, the perception of the quality of the overall system would be greatly improved.

So I wanted to start this thread to brainstorm ideas for what we might do to make it less noisy, but just as effective. I have some thoughts, but I'm interested to hear others first.

What do others think? Should this be in 1.1, and if so how should it work?

Cheers,
Brett