I wish callers would get away from birds.  I understand the need to not use
gender terms in calling.  But using positional calling does that without people
needing to translate.  This works well for contras.  Squares are a different
story.  We need to figure out how to do those.  The dance below has a good flow
and there is no need to  specify a gender for the allemande.  Only one person
has a left hand free in each couple.   Birds are for the birds.