Sorry. Been off the list awhile. Remind me, are Larks dancers in the
traditional ladies position?Paula - Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Becky Liddle via Contra Callers
<contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net> Date: 10/23/22  8:51 AM  (GMT-06:00) To:
"Stein, Robert" <ste...@msu.edu> Cc: Drew Delaware <drew.delaw...@gmail.com>,
contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net Subject: [Callers] Re: 'Git Goin' (Was:
Big Easy Variation) Oh, please, Robert, let’s not get into a flame war around
gender-free calling.Callers call using the terms chosen by the communities they
call for. If you want to argue about birds please do it elsewhere.BeckyOn Oct
23, 2022, at 9:07 AM, Stein, Robert via Contra Callers
<contracallers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:I wish callers would get away from
birds.  I understand the need to not use gender terms in calling.  But using
positional calling does that without people needing to translate.  This works
well for contras.  Squares are a different story.  We need to figure out how to
do those.  The dance below has a good flow and there is no need to  specify a
gender for the allemande.  Only one person has a left hand free in each couple.
  Birds are for the birds. On Oct 23, 2022, at 04:17, Drew Delaware via Contra