Hi Jeff,

              The statement is not, “If you are low on numbers use 3x3s”.  The
statement is: Have dances for every possible number of dancers in your kit-bag
so that everyone is dancing.

              I work with small groups so I have all sorts of fun dances in
every possible formation and for any number of dances.  I often don’t select
the dance until I see how many people have got up.  Sometimes I choose a dance
that will fit the numbers, then someone says that they need a rest; I just
change the dance to accommodate the number of dancers on the floor.  I can
dance and call at the same time (wireless head mike!) so I can join in if we
are one short. See http://contrafusion.co.uk/Formations.html for some ideas for
different numbers.

            Happy dancing,

                   John