From: Tom Pantelis [mailto:tompante...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 1:05 AM
To: Faseela K <faseel...@ericsson.com>
Cc: Michael Vorburger <vorbur...@redhat.com>; controller-dev
<controller-dev@lists.opendaylight.org>; genius-...@lists.opendaylight.org;
Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk>
Subject: Re: yang notifications to CDS to emit interesting state/status changes

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Tom Pantelis
<tompante...@gmail.com<mailto:tompante...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Faseela K
<faseel...@ericsson.com<mailto:faseel...@ericsson.com>> wrote:
Yes, we are currently using EOS in such scenarios. But is there a way to
specify that I want my entity owner to be on “default-config shard leader”?

No  - EOS and shards are different concepts. But you mentioned there's DTCN's
from different shards involved, say default-config and default-operational, so
that forcing owner to the default-config shard leader wouldn't help you -
access to the default-operational shard would still be remote.

    >> I do have some cases where as a result of the 2 events, whatever I have
to read/write are from one shard only. In such cases, it helps if there is a
way to force the processing on a specific node of my choice.

That’s why I was asking whether the new notifications you are going to add will
help in implementing such functionalities.

They're not related.

Actually the notifications theoretically could be used for some service
placement component as Robert mentioned.
      >> Yes, I was planning to shoot an email to controller-dev about the same
thing whatever you are trying to implement. I can even have a cache in my
module, which stores the shard leader information, and use clustered DTCNs and
process the event only on the node which is the leader.
            The cache can be updated everytime a notification comes for shard
leader change. Looks similar to EOS, but I am not sure how robust it will be if
shards are moving, or in a jeopardy state.

Thanks,
Faseela