mat lechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> hi!
>
> I'm considering to run an old 486 or 386-pc with mandrake security as a
> router for my 2 pc home-lan. but before doing this i'd like to have some
> information from you, please :)  :
>
> 1. what kind of router can I set up with mandrake security? I just want
> a ordinary router which provides a connection to the internet without
> making trouble because of icq, napster, etc. ; firewall is not that
> important, but would be great.
>
> 2. can I set up proxy-services with mdk security?
>
> 3. are there any screenshots of the mdk security web-interface?
>
> 4. when will the 1.0 final be released?
>
> thanks very much in advance for answering!

Hello there,

the Mandrake security was not compiled with math co-processor emulation
for different reasons. Computers like 386s and some 486s are therefore not
supported for the moment but we may add this it in the future.

1. If you simply need a router without a Firewall, you might consider
   using the Mandrake 8.0 distro wich has that feature.

2. the Squid http Proxy server and SquidGuard (Url, advertising filtering)
   are included with some basic configurations.

3. http://mandrakesoft.com/~florin/pictures/firewall/ and
   http://mandrakesoft.com/~florin/timerestriction.html

4. It has been released last Friday but we might add some minor fixes.

thank you,
and have a nice day,
--
Florin                          http://www.mandrakesoft.com