hi,

Ed Colmar a écrit :

> Hi all
>
>         I've been posting questions to the newbie list, with no
> response, so I figured I'd try here...
>
>         I've got a mandrake security beta 4 running (It's awesome,
> you guys did a great job!)
>
>         I have a few configuration quirks that I'd love to get some
> advice on.  I'm still newbie rank.
>
>         First, I have set up a web/ftp server outside the firewall,
> and everything works, but the machines inside the firewall cannot see
> it.  I need to set up some routing rule for this?  What is the
> preffered methiod to do it?

What is your topology?

You've got a public network assigned by your ISP, and you've put a
dedicated machine on this external lan ?

Did you open the Web port and ftp port in the "office traffic" menu?

>         Second...  I'm having some trouble listing contents from
> machines inside the lan to ftp servers outside...  They can connect,
> and authenticate fine, but no listing???   I ran the same procedure
> from the server on the outside and all works as expected.
This question, was previously answer :

you must open in the "office traffic" menu, the following (respect the
Double point, for high range ports )

ftp, ftp-data, 1024:

--
Philippe Libat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>