Hello,

>       First, I have set up a web/ftp server outside the firewall,
> and everything works, but the machines inside the firewall cannot see
> it.  I need to set up some routing rule for this?  What is the
> preffered methiod to do it?

It's not very clear to me.
Your ftp/web server will be not protected by the firewall, right ? Only
your internal network (ftp/web clients will be).
Your ftp/web server and your firewall have a public IP address (and
hopefully a public name, registered to DNS).

So your ftp/web server is like any other server out there, in th enet
jungle :)

>From inside your network, using a client, can you access (ping or
whatever) the server ?

All the internal clients will have to use the gateway-firewall as their
default route. So, the server is somewhere on some different physical network.

>       Second...  I'm having some trouble listing contents from
> machines inside the lan to ftp servers outside...  They can connect,
> and authenticate fine, but no listing???   I ran the same procedure
> from the server on the outside and all works as expected.

are you using squid as a proxy ?
Well, i tried here using a client, the firewall and a random ftp server,
say ftp://ftp.sunet.se and it works like a charm.
All i had to do was to allow the ftp in Restrict Access->Office traffic

maybe i did not understand your settings ...

have a nice day,
--
Florin                  http://www.mandrakesoft.com