In this particular respect, not much has changed since my YDL-1.2 install ... a particular function 'flush_cache' is missing, so agpgart support cannot be compiled.  Someone on the #linuxppc channel told me that enabling 'DRI' in your kernel is enough - though I'm not entirely sure I believe him ... it seems that w/o choosing the card you have, it won't do you any good!

-Brice

Brice D Ruth wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"> OK - I checked the config for Stew's 2.4.4-6.2 kernel and indeed, DRI is not enabled.  So, you'll have to recompile to get it (and it may not recompile - I was having issues under YDL-1.2).

In any case - in theory, in the 'Character devices' section of the kernel, scroll all the way to the bottom and select '/dev/agpgart (AGP Support)' - then select 'Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRI support)' and in its submenu, select your graphics card (hopefully its there - mine is, ATI Rage 128).

Save your new config & compile.  Wish for the best ;)

-Brice

Brice D Ruth wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"> I personally am speaking entirely hypothetically, just so ya know ;)

However - I'm pretty sure that you need to have DRI compiled for your kernel (which it may or may not be for Stew's 2.4.4-6.2) before XF-4.1 can access it.  This may be the problem.

Regards,
Brice Ruth

Ian White wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">