On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:20:44PM -0400, francisco perez wrote:
> hello. is fran from spain again.
> thanks for your help. just a final question.
> the last mandrake box for ppc supports dvd, sound and good video on a
> titanium, i mean, if buy on the store the last version of mandrake ppc
> (Mandrake Linux 8.0 PPC) i can have multimedia working on my titanium?

Sounds yes (though I don't know if we got the sound fixed in KDE but I
posted a work around for that.  I'm not running the final yet, haven't
had a chance to load it and I think the final has KDE 2.2 which is
supposed to fix the problem anyway.)
Video yes, assuming you use the correct settings for X.  Like I said
before I posted a config file for that.
DVD no.  Mandrake can't ship a working DVD decoder due to legal
restrictions in some brain dead countries.  In particular the US.  You
could of course go and download and install one from another source.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

Wizard's First Rule - People are stupid, they will believe anything
if they want it to be true or they fear it is true - Terry Goodkind