Stew Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just tried it again here, with video=atyfb:vmode:17 (what my iMac wants
> to see), and it seemed to work.  If you are able to get a usable mode, you
> can verify the parameters are passed in VT2 with:

> cat /proc/cmdline

> It could be that vmode22 is beyond what Xpmac is capable of doing, and
> that's why you're getting the black screen.  (Just checked with Xpmac
> --help - 20 is the highest mode it accepts) Xpmac is not the greatest X
> server in the world, but it is fairly compact.  Switching to XFree for the
> install also comes with its own set of problems, but may be something to
> consider for the next iteration.

definitely - maybe there are two different options required using either
xfree or xpmac - looks like the problem here is more xpmac than the
passing of the video options ...

thomas graichen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ... perfection is reached, not
when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no
longer anything to take away. --- antoine de saint-exupery