On 9/16/01 6:19 PM, Stew Benedict spoketh:

>Did you try both of the above modes? Your only other alternative is the
>text install.  The cinema display isn't the issue - it's whatever video
>card the machine has.

I was able to get Mandrake installed on my G4 with the 22" cinema
display, but it wasn't easy and required 'borrowing' some components from
the LinuxPPC install CD. So my video card does work with Mandrake and the
display. I have to wonder if the problem isn't more related to the lack
of vmode22 support in the installer and a lack of a 1600x1024 entry in
the XF86Config-4 file.

Jerry