So is there a way to get rpmdrake to work with security updates and the
such?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Stew Benedict
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 10:39 AM
To: Mandrake Linux
Subject: Re: Mandrake packages / FTP server.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, David Cheng wrote:

> heh...forgot to mention Stew's caveats about using the RPMS from WTFO
site.
> If you search the archive for cooker, you should find a message from Stew
> about not using some of the packages for production systems.  But I
believe
> the mirrors' version is ok to use.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong,
but
> I've used some of the packages without a problem.

Nope - those mirrors are now evolving into Cooker, they no longer contain
8.0 PPC RPM's.  The ISO's, as far as I know are th only source.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/