On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, James O'Malley wrote:

> Thanks, Stew.  Okay, I see that you've changed yaboot.conf's ramdisk size to
> 36000... I tried to install again on my G3 Powerbook Firewire and it hung
> very near the end.   I also can't seem to get to the error console with any
> key combo.  Any ideas what I've got to press to switch consoles on a Powerbook?
>
> I figured maybe the ramdisk is still a bit too small, so I bumped it up to
> 48000... and it's still a no-go.  It just hangs there forever at like 95% done.
>
> Thanks,
> James

On a Powerbook, you need to use FN also to get the "real" function keys.

Command-Control-FN-F2

I'm still working on the drakx problem at this end.  Are you saying the
load of stage2 stalls at 95% or the package install?

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/