On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, James O'Malley wrote:

> Okay, tried it again.  Tried all the install kernels and was unsuccessful.
> The 2.4.4's came closest. After loading the second stage install, they
> kicked me out with a signal 15 and a shutdown.  So they exhibited a decidely
> _different_ behavior than the 2.4.13's.  Don't know if that helps.
>
> The box is a g3 powerbook firewire with an ATI Rage 128 Mobility.
>
> Still no kernel messages console either.

The 2.4.4 behavior sounds like Xpmac is having trouble coming up.  You've
noted the various "video=" methods to initiate the boot?  I didn't pick up
from your message whether or not you tried text mode.  I have the Lombard
Powerbook, which still has the mach64 chip.

Thx,

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/