On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 06:06:38PM +0900, Marcin Chojnowski wrote:
> I've got brand new iBook 600Mhz and my partition is over 8gigs.
> Yaboot is not starting.
>
> When I run into OF and type boot hd:11,Äyaboot i see linux boot
> prompt and linux is starting.

This is not an 8 GB issue.  If it were you wouldn't be able to boot at
all.  I have no idea what that character you typed in there.  But you
need to set the boot-device enviornment variable.

ala:
setenv boot-device hd:11,\\:tbxi

in OF.  That should fix your  boot problem.

> The problem is then with USB daemon, It's falling into some strange
> loop and I had to remove it from starting with system.
> I'm not going to repartition my drive again ;-(

That one I'm not sure about but again it has nothing to do with the 8GB
issue and you won't have to repartition your drive to fix it.  At least
not for the 8GB problem.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live in such times. But
that is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do
with the time that is given us."