On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Ben Reser wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 04:01:50PM -0800, Ian White wrote:
> >
> > Somehow I mananged to mangle my bootstrap partition (probably playing with
> > mol or something) so I burnt the latest ISO to do a recovery. I ran into
> > two issues though.
>
> Which reminds me did we ever set the mol config file so it doesn't have
> any drives configured so it won't happily mangle things?

The config file didn't have any drives configured, but says "Device can
for instance be /dev/hda, /dev/hda6 or /dev/sda4." and all of the
commented out examples are full drives, instead of partitions.

A giant warning should probably be put there saying that it is a bad idea
to specify a device such as /dev/hda. And maybe tell people to run pdisk
-l to see which partitions are marked as Apple_HFS and to only include
those and the cdrom.

Ian

Ian White
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]