On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Miguel Beccari wrote:

> I changed the keyboard (I used tha same of another linux-mac-g3).
>
> So now I have F1, F2, F3... to see logs.
>
> The error persist and is failed to read kmap magic at
> /usr/bin/perl-install keyboard.pm : line 305

OK - just kicked off an install on the 7600, using the same ISO image that
you all are using. (Download back to here after uploaded it).  Picked
Italian, and the display language changes (not that I can understand any
of it), and I'm taken to the "Accept/Reject" License screen.  Switching to
the other VT's I don't see any references to the kmap magic error, and I'm
able to proceed to the mouse button mapping.

Based on your previous messages of not being able to read the disk in
MacOS, I suspect:

1) A bad ISO burn
2) Hardware problem with your CD drive
3) Kernel/module functionality for that drive is not quite there

Since you can't see the stuff in MacOS either, I'm leaning toward 1 or 2.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/