On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 12:32:56PM +1100, Nick Texidor wrote:
> Is there any preference to file system under linux?  I installed
> Mandrake 8.0 on my powebook using the ext2 fs.  However, having heard a
> bit about reiser, I thought I'd re-format and install the 8.2 beta with
> the reiser fs.
>
> Which is the prefered option?  My understanding is that reiserfs is
> likely to have less problems because of it's journalling ability, are
> there any other problems that could arise? Should I stick with ext2?

ext2 is generally the default.  Reiserfs works well for me.  Every file
system has it's advantages and disadvantages.  And which one to use is
kinda like asking which text editor to use.  It tends to turn into a
religious war.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi