On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 11:51:04AM +1100, Nick Texidor wrote:
> Is it possible to access Mac shared volumes from Linux?   For example,
> we have a G4 Mac running OS 9, and a Powerbook running Mandrake 8.0.  I
> have an external firewire drive mounted, and shared, on the G4.  Is
> there any way of mounting and accessing this drive from the Powerbook?
> I can access shared drives on Windows and other Linux boxes but am not
> sure how (or if) I can mount a Mac drive.

netatalk.  I've never used it but I'm pretty sure it does what you want.

http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/

There's an RPM of it in the distribution too.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi