On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 03:07:20PM -0800, John C. Tull wrote:
> Is there a simple way to check if ppp was installed in the kernel? I am
> not sure how to check that out. BTW, wouldn't my modem communication not
> work whatsoever if I had left out modem support? I am able to
> initialize, dial, bring up a terminal, send commands to the terminal,
> etc. Somewhere I read about the need to have the script send 'ppp' after
> the password, but I am not at home to try that right now.

ppp != modem support

ppp = point to point protocol.
It's a network protocl.
Making the modem work for non-soft modems is simply a matter of using a
serial port.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi