On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Michael Marcucio wrote:

> after the install my trackpad dosen't work and the screen seems to be
> shifted to the right(not centered). i think if i could get the trackpad to
> work i could get the screen straightened out..

check the following (tibook right?)

/etc/sysconfig/mouse:

MOUSETYPE=ps/2
XMOUSETYPE=PS/2
device = usbmouse

/dev/mouse --> /dev/usbmouse --> /dev/input/mice

Those are symlinks above.  It may seem a little odd, but it's actually
quite nice in that you can use both the trackpad and an external usb mouse
at the same time, without changing configs.

Check out fbset for adjusting your screen display, or if you come up with
better modeline, please pass it on.  Ben already mentioned before my type
on the Tibook entry, with 2 +vsync's

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/
Cooker-PPC IRC:  irc.openprojects.net/#cooker-ppc