>On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Michael Marcucio wrote:
>
> > after the install my trackpad dosen't work and the screen seems to be
> > shifted to the right(not centered). i think if i could get the trackpad
> > work i could get the screen straightened out..
> >

>check the following (tibook right?)
>
>/etc/sysconfig/mouse:
>
>MOUSETYPE=ps/2
>XMOUSETYPE=PS/2
>device = usbmouse
>
>/dev/mouse --> /dev/usbmouse --> /dev/input/mice
>
>Those are symlinks above.  It may seem a little odd, but it's actually
>quite nice in that you can use both the trackpad and an external usb mouse
>at the same time, without changing configs.

pluged in a usb mouse to see if that worked but no go too.. and during the
startup i get:

please excuse my ignorance but how would i get to a prompt so i could open
the mouse config file... once i get to a prompt i will be fine. since it's
setup to startx automatically i'm not at a prompt. i chouse failsafe as
session type and i can't type. my keyboard works in kde but i don't know the
shortcut to open console or the taskbar menu

thanks
mike