On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:30:58PM -0500, Peter R. Wood wrote:
> 4) Network detection during install doesn't seem foolproof, and this is more of a
>general Mandrake
> issue than a PPC-specific one. But nonetheless, here it is:
> I've got gmac ethernet built in on my Pismo, as well as an airport card. When the
>network detecter
> runs, it only detects my gmac.  I then must tell it that I have another interface,
>and select the
> Apple Airport driver, which it will then load.  Obviously, this is something I
>understand, but the
> novice user may not know what to do. I'm not sure how to make it easier for a novice
>user, but we
> would definitely want the airport module to be detected. Ideally, it should be
>detected along with
> the gmac interface, and presented to them in a list of interfaces which can be
>chosen radio-button
> style. I.E. pick either gmac or airport, and give an option for advanced users to
>choose both if
> they want to. Most novice users, however, would not understand the concept of having
>two network
> interfaces operating simultaneously.  I dunno. Just rambling about this a bit, so if
>it seems inane,
> please ignore. :-)

The airport uses a proprietary interface (i.e. not PCI, ISA, or PCMCIA).
I'm not sure we know of a way to detect it at this point.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi